Friday, April 21, 2006

"I'm a lover, not a fighter"

We have discovered that the term, "I'm a lover, not a fighter" is Dylan's motto. It doesn't matter that he might be sad, mad, angry, or frustrated, ask him for a kiss or a hug and you are in for a doozy!

Dylan is also a very popular boy with the girls. In fact, he has his own following at church! I am no longer known as Kristy, but referred to as "Dylan's mom." Since Dylan still has a few medical issues, I still can't really put Dylan in childcare for our church service. So instead, I sit in the very back where we now have regular "groupies" that love to watch Dylan dance to the worship music before the service starts. The same people sit by us each week and have repeatedly told me they sit near him to get their "Dylan fix" for the week.

We are also very popular at the grocery store as he will flirt with anyone! Dylan has really taught me a lesson about reaching out to new people because it seems like we make new friends each trip to the store we take. The checkout clerks all know Dylan by name (I'm still "Dylan's Mom") and whoever has the fortune of getting behind us in the checkout line, will certainly be talking to us within a minute flat as Dylan starts his smiles and "cooing" to get their attention.

Also, if any of you know where I can find a t-shirt that says "Girls Like Me" in a child's size 18 or 24 months, please tell me where I can find it!

No comments: