Monday, September 18, 2006

Not Feelin' So Hot...But My Forehead Is

After school today, I fell asleep for my nap. When I woke up, I had a fever and have been fussy all afternoon. I'm not to terribly interested in eating (except by bottle) and I just want to cuddle. Mommy is not sure what is going on but thinks it might be related to teething. I hope that I feel better tomorrow...so does Mommy.

Other than school and getting a little sick, it has been a pretty slow day. Mommy and Daddy took down some barb wire fencing that was left over from when cows lived here. They also did lots of laundry since Jonah and I have been having some leaky diapers. It's not that the diapers are faulty, it's just that we keep filling them up and then some. Jonah has also been pretty gassy today so much of Mommy and Daddy's attention has been focussed on us kids. It's been raining off and on all day today so we are also in the relaxing mood. Maybe we'll watch a movie later this evening.

I did do something pretty cool today! I signed "car" for the first time at school! Mommy has been working on this one with me but today was the first time I did it. I also showed my classmates how I sign "Mommy" which was exciting. My teacher, "M", was pretty impressed and so was my speech therapist who was there too. It was a small class today with only three other students there. In fact, the teachers/therapists outnumbered us kids! Pretty fun since we got some extra-special attention from everyone.

Tomorrow, I get to go visit cousin Tessa for a little while while Mommy has an orchestra rehearsal. We are also going to finish all of our sorting jobs we started last week but haven't been able to get back to. I hope I feel better by then. We'll see if Tylenol helps any. If not, I might get a call in to the doctor.

I'm off to play with Daddy and Jonah. Mommy is going to practice for her rehearsal so I'd better get going. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Dylan,

Hope you are feeling better.

Great job on your signing.

Take care,
Carolyn in WV