Friday, February 29, 2008

Big Boy School Update

My big boy school called today to discuss results of all the testing we had this last month. They have decided that based on my verbal skills (or lack thereof), that I will go to the big boy school that specializes in sign language. Phew. This is what we wanted but Mommy thought she was going to have to really push the school district to let me go there because it is not in our area. But no pushing was needed. My charm, big smile, and lack of verbal skills convinced the administrators and so now I'm going to be going to school with all my friends. Now, I'm going to school with Max, Eva, and Cooper...HOORAY!

Mommy is very relieved about this decision. I get very frustrated when I can't communicate what I want sometimes which has led to some behavioral outbursts. Mommy has been working on this with me very intensely and she was worried that if I went to school that didn't sign, all of her hard work would be thrown out the window. In fact, she was worried that my behavior would get worse. So to know that I'll be going to a school where I can communicate is a relief. A big one.

The next step is an official meeting to go over test results and then there will be the final meeting called an IEP (Individualized Education Plan). After all this, to big boy school I go. Eva, Cooper, and Max will all be there too! Hooray, hooray, hooray! We are SO glad they agreed with Mommy that I'll be going to this one particular school! Hooray, hooray, hooray!

3 comments:

Eva and her 'rents said...

YAY!!!! It'll be just like "old" times!

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy you'll be there with your buddies Max, Eva and Cooper.

Give knuckles to them for me buddy..

Hey your girlfriend Pixxie says don't make her jealous flirtin with the girls at your new school..your her man!!!

Kristy we thought of you so much in the last couple of days. The kids favorite radio station is 106.1..They listened to it intensly (SP) over the last two days. They kept asking if you and Dylan and Amy and Max would be on..It really inspired them..Pixxie and Dragonboy send their love. They kept looking for busses with Dylans picture on them.

Gretchen said...

Awesome! That'll be so fun to have all the kids together still. Eva's going to be the one to show all our boys around- I love it.