There is no way to describe today other than...interesting? You see, we had a whole bunch of interesting things happen today although we can't necessarily claim that they were a "good interesting".
To start our day, I did a head plant right in the door jamb. Wouldn't be so bad except that it looks like it might (*stress on the might*) turn into a black eye. Mommy wants everyone to know that if this does turn into a black eye, it wasn't her fault. I am learning how to stand on my own and while pulling myself up on one of my toys, I fell over. It just so happens that there was a door jamb there to break my fall. Lucky me.
So then Mommy went to go get her hair cut and colored. It is starting to show some gray and so she decided to get some highlights to kind of blend them in. No biggee. Except when the stylist turned her head blonde. No, really super platinum blond. Uh Oh. So the stylist had to dye her hair again but this time it turned out pretty red. Her hair cut appointment also started at 10:30am and lasted until 2:30pm. It was a 4-hour experience that made Daddy an HOUR late for work. So Mommy is now a red-head. Who knows, it might grow on her. If not, it'll certainly grow out. But her hair is also very short. She was sick of me pulling on it so she cut it all off. But in all honesty, have you ever had a 4-hour hair cut?
While Mommy had her hair cut experience, Daddy had quite a time himself. You see, I'm still "cranky pants" and Jonah had some diapers issues. Needless to say, Daddy was very happy to see Mommy get home (outside of the fact that he was now late) and head to work. Daddy works at the jail so you know that if he was happy to head there...it must have been bad. Actually, Daddy likes his job but today he just appreciated it even more.
And to think that should have been enough to make this an interesting day. But, no. There is more. You see, Mommy was running so late to relieve Daddy from watching us, that she then had to take us to do her shopping. Big mistake. You see, we both decided to have temper tantrums right at the check-out line. People were looking at Mommy like she was the worst mother in the entire nation. One older woman even "clucked" at her. Thanks a lot lady. So, shopping completed (in order to finish the transaction, Mommy and the check-out clerk had to shout over us), we headed for the door in a very fast walk. We could not get in the car fast enough!
When we got home (yep, there is even more still), I had my dinner only to spill all of it down my front. So into the bathtub I went. But I'm learning to pull myself up to a stand and wouldn't ya know, I did it there to. Only to slip and do yet another face plant. Mommy couldn't catch me in time.
Did I mention the fact that we sort of didn't have naps today? Hmm.
So Mommy is going to get our little bottoms to bed early (wish her luck). Then she is going to bake some cookies for Daddy's work to apologize for making him late. Sergeant Mount, it really was Mommy's fault! What a day!
2 comments:
That was one of the best posts ever! Too funny! I know it was a very stressful day, but to hear it in Dylan's words made me giggle.
I'm sure you look great with your new hairdo! :)
Hi Kristi,
I'm Evan's mom, and I've been reading your blog the past month or so (link from Max's site). I love reading about sweet Dylan and Jonah!
So I would agree definately not a "good interesting" day, but be thankful that Dylan isn't old enough to say too much about the possible black eye.
When I was 6, I was rough-housing with my Dad and ran my head into his foot...and had a black eye. A teacher at my school (who also happened to be our minister's wife) asked me how I got it the next day. And I replied "Oh, my Daddy kicked me!" Needless to say, my parents received an unannounced home visit from the minister that day.
So there is a small thing to be thankful for. Shake off the "cluckers" out there and know that you are doing the best job you can (and it's probably way better than they could do).
Hugs,
Sarah (mom to Evan, 14 months w/ CHARGE)
Post a Comment