Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sleepless in Bellingham

Jonah has been a little sick the past couple of days. He is getting better but not before he vomited all over Mommy last night which meant a little midnight shower. She thought of our friends Amy and Max who are experiencing the same thing but with Max's multiple health problems, it is even more exciting. Jonah is on the mend so Mommy's goal is for a little sleep tonight. Five hours to be exact.

I am also on a hunger strike again. I just don't want to eat anything except by bottle which means another tooth is coming in. That means I'm also contributing to Mommy's sleepless nights by just wanting a little comfort. I just want to be held for a few minutes sometimes at night when it hurts but that means Mommy is having another trip out of bed...maybe this explains her extreme reliance on coffee the last few days. She also has been yawning alot. Hopefully, my teething will take a hiatus for the night so she can realize her goal to get that five hours of sleep.

We also found out there is a problem with Mommy's oboe studio. She normally teaches oboe during the school year but was taking this year off to focus on us kiddos. The gentleman that was taking over her studio has suddenly stopped showing up for the kids lessons and is not returning calls. So this means Mommy has been on the phone scrambling to schedule lessons with all the students until she finds another solution. Unfortunately, there are no other oboe teachers in Whatcom or Skagit county so this makes things pretty difficult. She is mostly concerned with the other oboe teacher because she found out he is also not showing up for rehearsals or gigs which means something might be seriously wrong. She is hoping he is okay.

As if this weren't enough, Daddy is leaving for Japan on Monday for the Navy reserves. He will be gone for the rest of the month. This means he has been pretty busy with preparations, trips to the base for medical shots and check-ups, getting his orders ready, making sure the loan for the garage is finalized, etc. etc.

Tomorrow we are going to pick up my glasses. There was a delay because the insurance company denied the claim for them. We really do have the coverage to pay for the glasses (which aren't cheap) but it looks like the HR department at Daddy's work is going to have to contact the insurance company to give them that gentle reminder. So now we are paying for the glasses up front and then we'll have to re-submit the claim to get reimbursed. Not really a problem, just annoying and another thing to take up a little bit of Mommy's time. It also explains why my glasses weren't ready yesterday like they were supposed to be.

So that is a summary of the last few days. Not too exciting, mostly annoying, and certainly "Sleepless in Bellingham" for Mommy. We'll let you know how I do with my new glasses and we are very excited because the Down syndrome Outreach Buddy Walk is coming up this weekend. We'll tell you more about that later but for now...anyone want to place bets on if Mommy gets that five hours of sleep?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy!!!!

I didn't realize you play and taught OBOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My oldest (last year played clarinet) with approval from her band teacher is playing two instruments this year is self teaching OBOE this year!!!!!!!

I am falling off the couch..Either I am just stoned tired or this is just really becoming a smaller world to me with more coincidences.

Dylan I hope you and Jonah feel better soon so mamma can get some rest..Give dadda some extra hugs before he departs.

Hugs
Ang

amy and mighty max said...

If you and I had the time and energy, I would say we are both in night on the town with a big bottle of wine!!! :) Much love to all of you!