Friday, April 03, 2009

Alive and Well

Hello Friends. We are alive and well despite the lack of posts. We had computer problems but Mommy says the computer is feeling much better. In addition to the computer feeling better, so am I. The antibiotics have finally done their job and we are officially a germ-free house for the moment.

Mommy also received a note from my school speech therapist that we wanted to share. It made Mommy very happy and thought you might appreciate it to. Thanks K for sending Mommy this note. We think you and my other speech therapist E are very special.

Here it is:

"Just a quick hello. Wanted to let you know that Cheryl and I have noticed that Dylan is trying SO hard to imitate words, signs, and sounds. Dylan and I were playing (yes...with a baby doll...I promise he chose it - I'm not forcing it!!!), and we were working on using action words to tell me or baby what to do -- and physical state words (hungry, thirsty, tired). Dylan attempted to say almost anything that I modeled and encouraged. My highlights --- when he signed and said "sit" (both approximations) to the baby, sleepy/nigh night (to direct me to put baby to bed), and "drink" (I swear that one sounded VERY close to true word). He also used lots and lots of other familiar words (different foods, eat, mommy, daddy, etc...). Just very verbal - and really willing to try. Awww..... Also -- he looks like he's finally feeling better - YEAH!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dylan, i'm so happy for you..you are making amazing progress and i can't wait to see/talk to you again

Carolyn said...

WOW, Dylan I love your note from your teacher. Great job, you are just going to do things on your time. So glad you are feeling better.
Hugs to you and your family,
Carolyn in WV

Sandi said...

Glad to see a new update from the Gilligs! We need to do coffee soon...

Hooray Dylan for you sounds and words. So great! We know how feeling crummy effects our interest in speech.... our guys have been very quiet this last week. Now that all are better, let's hear some fun words.

sunshine glynn said...

This is wonderful news! Dylan, we are super proud of you and this new speech development!