- Chills. Just so you know, Mommy slept with a sweatshirt, a scarf, and sweatpants on last night. UNDER covers.
- Headache. Enough said.
- Fever that runs VERY high then goes away. Then the fever returns. This fever can even wait 24 hours to return. Yep. The yo-yo affect for fevers. Here it is...there it goes....here it is...there it goes. This yo-yo fever affect is definitely more dramatic in us kiddos and not so much for Mommy.
- Achy, Achy, Achy.... and NO ENERGY!!!!! Wanna know how fatiguing? Mommy hasn't cleaned the house. For those out there who really know Mommy, that's big. She's always picking up, cleaning, or doing something. She doesn't do 'SIT' well so she is always on the move. The end result is always a clean house. So to not have cleaned is a statement.
- Mommy says her lungs hurt and that if she were to diagnose it, she'd say she has a very bad cold that has settled in her lungs. Her lungs kind of burn and the cough comes from the lungs and not a tickle in the throat.
- Congestion (Check); Runny Nose (Check); and Nasty Cough (CHECK)
- Diarrhea. (good times - Check - but not everyone experiences this)
- Jonah has been the only one to vomit and Mommy is convinced that this is because she gave him milk right before he spiked his first big fever. But it happened. The rest of us have not had the pleasure.
Our cold/flu time has become family fun time. We have had a lot of family videos, book reading, and couch cuddling the last couple of days. So while we may feel lazy and coughy, we are spending some serious quality time together. It's been nice. Okay. Maybe it would be better without illness, but its been nice all the same.
Daddy has also been a very supportive hubby and when he heard Mommy was sick, he came home from work with magazines for Mommy to read yesterday. Then Daddy stayed home from work today to tend to us patients. How nice is that?!? We love our Daddy. Score one for the man of the house! He even got more tylenol, tissues, and juice. Yes, indeedy. He's a keeper.
We got lots of calls yesterday from many concerned friends. Thank you so much to everyone. You are all very sweet. It's nice to know we are so loved. Thanks to H for the soup she brought today. It was YUMMY! And thanks to A who called offering chili and as always, is a wonderful friend. The P family offered to pick up groceries or whatever. Uncle Don brought Mommy and Daddy a movie. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.